Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A Season of Changes, Pledges, and Updates!

Salutations faithful readers! May all the joys of the season find you well, and may your eggnog be spiked with only the finest of alcohols!

That wondrously festive time of year is upon us once more, and yours truly has not really been taking a whole lot of time during it to enjoy himself. Unfortunately I've been encumbered throughout most of 2017 with personal issues (such as my mother's ongoing health problems) coupled with the high-volumes of exhaustive everyday work that stems from my regular night-job.

I know it isn't much of an excuse to leave this blog as barren as I have, but hopefully you all do try to understand my circumstances, and appreciate that I do at least update once a month, so as to not let the site go stagnant.

Regardless of my admittedly poor performance here, I do feel like I've made notable progress in several other places. For instance, I began my live art-streams in May (as I had promised everyone I would) and have been doing them ever since then without fail. While they're not perfect, I will say that they've been an excellent way to keep me active and productive, despite my numerous days of feeling completely uninspired, or without energy to effectively perform art.

The streams have had some positive bleed out, as they have lead to me being more socially active on other venues. For instance, I have a Twitter account now (of all things) that I'm honestly (and surprisingly enough) enjoying my time on there. While my follower count isn't large by any stretch as of this post, I can say that my followers there are active, and that I've made quite a few awesome connections.

I've also been putting more efforts into creating/writing fiction more than I have in previous years, and I am feeling far more confident in my ability to tell stories in print at this point then I ever have in the past. One of my personal goals for 2018 is to have a fully written novel or novella by the year's end, and with a fair amount of effort (and perhaps a tiny bit of luck) I'm sure I can meet that goal.

In the hypothetical, if I do manage to pull that one off, I will without a doubt shoot to have the story published and made available digitally, but I'll worry about all the details for that sort of stuff when we arrive to it.

As I've made the pledge to do so in the past (and yet I somehow always fall short on in some way, shape, or form) I still aim to put more effort into this site, along with all of my other endeavors in 2018. I want to do far more recordings for Blood-Code Radio, along with getting my usual ilk of film/game/comic reviews back into top form. I saw many movies, played many games, and read many comics this year (with several of them being good to great) but found myself with little personal time to do any of the reviews proper. The Con Reports totally need to make a comeback, as there were quite few shows I attended this year that certainly deserved to be talked about, and 2018 looks to be a year worth discussing, starting with Magfest.

If nothing else, I want to end this post by extending a simple, but extremely heartfelt thank you to everyone reading. It is because of this very site that I began to get the ball rolling for a lot of my creative projects. I may not have felt the compulsion to post on my Deviant Art page, create my radio show, or even attempt my live-streams, if not for this blog. And it's because of all of you, my faithful readers, that I continue to pull myself in front of my computer screen and produce to this very day.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart for that, and may you enjoy this time with family and friends alike. I'll be seeing you in 2018!

 

Let's make it a great year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment