Monday, January 29, 2018

New Art for an Old Friend



It's high-time I kicked off 2018 into some kind of proper gear.

This is a gift-art piece for my best friend (and roommate) Matt of his cutesy cat-girl Skitchens.

Normally she's not depicted wearing as much clothes here (as she's inspired by the likes of Felicia from Darkstalkers/Nekomata units from Disgea) so outside of her hat and some shorts, she's normally topless.

The choice to put her in overalls is actually two fold. Firstly, Matt just likes cute girls in overalls. Secondly, Matt has made a ton of personal sacrifices for the last few years, all for the sake of making a better life for the both of us. Thus I felt compelled to draw Skitchens in worker's clothes, ready to put in some manual labor, just as Matt has all this time.

It's almost needless to say, but I had an absolute blast making this one, despite the excessive cross hatching work I needed to do to create her fur. While I'll admit it was a bit time consuming, it never once felt tedious, and I think it's well worth it to go above and beyond for my best friend.

Materials used were Micron pens for the inks on 9x12 in. Bristol board.

No comments:

Post a Comment