Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thanos Holding Infinity- Fan Art

Why have Eternity, when you can hold Infinity?

I know this is coming quite a bit late to the whole Infinity War party, but here's my take on Thanos sporting the iconic universe-altering gauntlet.

Avengers: Infinity War was such a phenomenal blast, I felt a major compulsion to do some sort of artwork commemorating an experience that was essentially 10 years in the making.

When it came to my overall approach to this piece, I wanted to get back in touch with my American Superhero Comic Book roots, so tried to be somewhat evocative of my more favorite/prominent comic artists of that genre.

Joe Madeureira and Arthur Adams were (obviously) the most influential, and I can only hope that I've done both of those amazing fellows some degree of justice here.

Overall I had a great time working on this one, even though I will admit that the hatching and spotted blacks took more time than I would've liked them to.

Much like my other B & W works, I do intend to color this one in the future, but for now I'm simply happy to have the line-work completed, and I hope you all like it too.

Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment