Friday, August 17, 2018

Feeling the Crunch

It's definitely getting cramped in here!
Now that the convention-going season has wrapped up for me, I'm going to break step with tradition a little bit here, and post the art-prints that were for sale at the shows.

This piece is titled Feeling the Crunch, in part because three of my characters are all mushed together into one (way too tiny for them) frame, but mostly because I finished this image a mere day before I had to leave for Anthrocon 2018.

Leading into the event, I was feeling somewhat void on inspiration, and as the date of the convention drew closer and I closer, I kept telling myself I had to get some kind of new art-print made to sell at the table.

While I probably stressed far more about the matter than I should have (as there was no real obligation on me to have any new prints available) it was something I told myself I'd do for my very first Anthrocon, and dammit, I was going to do it!

Thus, the idea hit me at the last possible minute to have my original adult-comic trio of Bast Katt, Fida Cantor, and Mary-Gold Tauros all crammed into one place that clearly wasn't big enough for any one of them, let alone three. Having them slightly pop-out of frame is a touch meta for sure, but I'd like to think it adds a bit more fun to the overall vibe.

In the end, I'd say I'm rather satisfied with the final result, and I can only hope you all dig it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment