Sunday, August 30, 2015

Dance Through the Danger- Fan Art


The half-genie hero known as Shantae has been on my personal favorite videogame characters list for years now. She's a total badass who can defeat her foes with but a whip of her hair or a shake of her hips. Her games have always been a blast to play, and I've always felt it was a crying shame that she didn't experience no where near the levels of fame that many other videogame heroines have had.

Thankfully fans are starting to really warm up to her with the release of her new game being right around the corner. If anything else I feel it's about damn time Shantae had her moment to shine on stage.

To help commemorate/celebrate my recent playing of her fantastic trilogy of games, I've decided to do a full-on color fanart piece of her doing what she does best: Shaking it to the beat and looking fabulous while doing so! I've taken a few minor liberties with her design (such as some of her proportions) but overall I'm very satisfied with the end result. Even if it did take me weeks to complete...

Materials used were a 9 x 12 in. Bristol board, a .005 0.1 and 0.2 Micron pen, Prisma Color markers, and some spare color pencils I had lying around. There is a touch of crayon and watercolor pencil in the piece as well to help add texture and highlighting effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment