Saturday, July 29, 2017

Oracle- Commission


This here is yet another commission piece off of the long long list of "Things N8Dogg5k Needs to Finish Yesterday Dammit!"

While I can say that I had a great deal of fun working on this picture, I can also say that I didn't have a whole lot of enjoyment getting it to the final stage of its completion as you see here now.

I can state with absolute certainty that no other commission I've worked on out of the whole list gave me as much trouble as this one did. I had easily done no less than nine different versions of this character before I finally came upon a composition that I felt not only looked cool/sexy, but also felt right by the character.

Despite the nearly endless struggle I had with this image, I'd like to think that I managed to capture the character's essence. Oracle has a somewhat interesting (albeit brief) character profile you can read here, that I feel alludes to a "sad and tortured soul" type of personality. Always knowing the results of how things are going to go isn't exactly a nice ability in certain contexts, and I think the chains that wrap around her body create a nice motif of a "bound by fate" theme.

Overall, I'm glad that I was able to complete this one after so long, and I can only hope that Densuo feels it was worth the wait.

Materials used were Micron Pens and Faber Pens for the inks, Copic markers for the majority of the colors, with a touch of white Pigment pen for the highlights, and watercolor pencils for the hair, all on my 11 x 17 in. custom card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment