Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Ladies of Dragon Ball FighterZ- Fan Art

Android 18
The recent release of the incredible Dragon Ball FighterZ game has not only provided me with some amazingly fun bouts of gameplay in my (semi-sparse) free-time, but has also re-kindled my love for all things Dragon Ball.

To anyone who knows me, this honestly comes as no real surprise, but I've always considered myself a big-time fan of Akira Toriyama's work. I would be completely remiss if I didn't admit that Mr. Toriyama is somewhat of a huge influence on my own character styling, and quite frankly without that exposure, I'd probably be a very different artist today.

With that said, some of my favorite characters from him has always been the female characters, such as Bulma, Chichi, and (as you can see) Android 18.

I can't take any legitimate credit for the pose (or the idea) as I directly referenced it from the Glitter & Glamours statue of the character. Not too long ago I fumbled across a video of the statue, and I simply felt compelled to draw my own version of it, and probably got a bit carried away with the inks.

Overall, I'm glad that I took the time to reacquaint myself with Toriyama's style, as I've had a blast in finding ways to throw in my own personal flare to the mix.

Android 21 (Good Ver.)
Android 21 (Super)
Android 21 (Evil Ver.)

If there was only one thing that came out of Dragon Ball FighterZ I would say I absolutely love the most (outside of its excellent combat mechanics) it would be without a doubt the new character created specifically for the game, Android 21.

While I've become particularly fond of her Majin form, I have all intentions to do some pieces of her normal form in the near future as well.

Once more, I can't take credit in the slightest for the poses, as two of them were directly pulled from the game itself. I'll admit that it was a tad tricky to find decent reference (seeing as how even videos of the game are crazy fast) but once I found a couple of shots I could work from, I threw together my own take of what easily has to be some of the coolest looking moves in the whole game.

Probably my favorite out of the trio I've done is her leaping. It isn't often I feel I capture a decent sensation of flow or motion, but here I think I didn't do too bad at all.

Overall, I immensely enjoyed working on these images, as I find her good ver. to be cute as a button, and her evil ver. to deliciously maniacal.

Materials used for all of the pieces were Micron pens on 8 x 11 in. Laser-Jet Printer paper.

1 comment:

  1. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style. dragon slot

    ReplyDelete