Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fio Germi- Fan Art



It probably comes as no real surprise, but one of my all-time favorite go-to arcade game classics is none other than the master of metalliferous mayhem known only as the Metal Slug franchise.
 
Ever since 1996 I've played through the installments with family and friends alike, stopping only because I ran out of quarters.
 
With the release of Metal Slug 2 in 1998, Fio Germi (agent of S.P.A.R.R.O.W.S.) has been my default character for the run and gun series.
 
Seeing how Fio easily stands as one of my top video game heroines, I felt I had to bring the heat on this piece (hence some of the meticulous details) although I do worry if maybe I went a tad overkill on the vest.
 
All the same, I'm at least glad I got this one out of my system, as it initially started out super-rough in the sketching phase. Thankfully I stuck with it, and I'm aiming to do an Eri Kasamoto companion picture in the near future.
 

Mission Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment