Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Lady Ambar- Fan Art/Gift Art



This is an extremely late birthday gift-art for my buddy :iconchalodillo: creator and artist of the popular Katbox web comic Las Lindas.

I've been a huge fan of Las Lindas since it began (over ten years ago) and with the passing of Chalo's birthday recently, I figured I'd show my appreciation by doing up a piece of the High Prime- Lady Ambar.

Seeing as she's one of my personal favorite characters from the vastly large Las Lindas cast, I thought I would give drawing her in a skimpy gym outfit a shot, since that's a look I don't think has been done with her yet on the Ask the High-Prime Tumblr.

Besides, she just had a kid, and now she's gotta work off that baby-mamma weight.
 
Oddly enough, I got through this piece fairly quickly (given what my usual speed is) and it came out very much to my liking.

While I can't take credit for the stone formation behind her (as that's a background technique I picked up from another friend of mine :iconedwinhuang: ) I can lay claim to having the gradient of each individual piece as being my own spin on the idea.

Overall I'm glad I did this picture, and I can only hope that Chalo enjoys it as much as I enjoyed working on it.

Materials used were Micron Pens 0.2 0.5 for the inks, Copic Markers for the background, and No. 2 Pencil for the shading of the hair, all on 9 x 12 in. Bristol board.

No comments:

Post a Comment