Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Ms. Bull- For the Shonuff44 Art Book


At some point in the early summer of 2018, my awesome friend Shonuff44 is setting up to release a brand-new art book that will not only showcase his work, but that of fans and friends as well.

When we first discussed the idea of the book a few months ago, he gave me the right of first refusal, but what kind of friend would I be if I were to turn down a position in such a cool project?

Naturally I went for it, and this is the piece that came out.

Ms. Bull is one of my favorite characters of his cast (for some obvious and not-so obvious reasons) and I'd be remiss if I didn't say the artist (and grand-master of Thicc ladies) Cutesexyrobutts didn't have a notable influence on me going into this.

There is a color ver. of this picture, and I decided to go with doing digital colors for it, because the digital medium is an area and skill I really do need to develop and get back into the practice of.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the way the line work and grey-tones came out, and Shonuff44 seemed to love it a lot, so that's all that really matters.

Materials used were Micron Pens for the inks, and Copic markers for the grey-tones, all on a 9 x 12 in. Bristol Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment