Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Scare Bear- Fan Art for Annihilation


I recently got around to watching the sci-fi horror mind-trip film Annihilation, and I gotta say it was an all-around solid experience.

The combo of a thought-provoking narrative, gorgeous visuals, a killer score, and a slight propensity for unapologetic violence checked all my  boxes.

Definitely got it placed on my top movies of 2018 list so far.

One of the many awesome creatures to come out of Annihilation is this bear-human hybrid I've dubbed "The Scare Bear" and I call it that, because this thing is downright terrifying.

If you haven't seen the flick, I don't want to give too much away, but if already you have, you'll know this bear is the stuff of pure nightmares...

And I love it for that!

I had a ton of fun rendering this bad boy, and I hope you all enjoy the results of the pencils. At some point in the future I may be inking this one, but I fear I might have bit off more than I'm capable of doing when it comes to that arena.

All the same, if there are any brave souls out there who want to take a stab at inking it themselves...?

P.S. My main man Joseph Silver did a fantastic ink-job on this, and you should definitely check it out. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment