Saturday, September 30, 2017

Shina Arakawa- Commission


Here's yet another commission officially done and taken off the list. This here is my good friend Michael Surbrook's character Shina Arakawa, a wandering sell-sword dedicated only to the purity of her skills with a blade.

This piece (while certainly time consuming on some of the finer details) was an absolute blast to do. More than anything else though, I'm glad that Mike loved it so much he immediately had it framed and mounted on his wall within a matter of hours.

My favorite part of the image is easily the details in the armor and Shina's hair. It isn't often I get requested to draw a character wearing Japanese style armor, let alone a character with two-tone hair/colored tips, so it was a very nice break from my usual pace.

Materials used were Micron Pens for the inks, Copic Markers/Prismacolor Markers for the colors, Watercolor Pencils for the hair, and all on my custom 11 x 17 in. art board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment